Setagaya Campus of Tokyo University of Agriculture
Address: 1-1-1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, 156-8502, Japan
About Tokyo University of Agriculture
Tokyo University of Agriculture (Tokyo NODAI) is an agricultural university based in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo. Known as "Tokyo University of Agriculture". It was established in 1981 in Chiyoda Ward as a privately developed Ikuei school agriculture department based on "Tokugawa Ikueikai". It moved to Sakuragaoka in 1946 and became the present form. It is a university established for the first time in Japan to study agriculture. There are three campuses. At Setagaya Campus, we have studied "Faculty of Applied Biology", "Faculty of Regional Environment", "Faculty of International Food Informatics" and belong to a junior college department. The Atsugi Campus is the Faculty of Agriculture, and the Okhotsk Campus of Hokkaido is the Learning Center for the Faculty of Biological Industry. You can learn on the campus full of nature while being in the city center. A campus with state-of-the-art research facilities that caters to all learning needs.
Going forward, Tokyo NODAI will continue to develop human resources with "agricultural spirit" that values life, in order to fulfill the mission to contribute to the world with morality, for the happiness of humanity, based on ‘Return Man to the Farm’, the educational principle of the University, and ‘Practical Science’, the approach to teaching and research.
Motto of Tokyo University of Agriculture
• "Practical Science" is the school motto advocated by the first President YOKOI Tokiyoshi.
• Its original fundamental principle lies in the rational spirit in which problems are totally grasped and analyzed considering diversified conditions and eventually solved through pursuing theories and means.
• "Practical Science" is multi-disciplinary science and the fundamental principle is "Return man to the farm".
• Agriculture science is wisdom of agriculture.
• The inductive approach is symbolized by the words, "Ask rice plant about rice plant, ask farmers about agriculture".
• Introduction of rural idea to city and creation of cultural and creative agricultural village is aimed.
• The views of self-sufficiency in food production and maintaining sustainable land are emphasized.
Introduction of Setagaya Campus
Setagaya Campus is Tokyo University of Agriculture’s main campus. Although adjacent to the heart of Tokyo, the campus is a space full of nature, enveloped in the greenery of over 100 species of trees. Equipped with the most advanced equipment and facilities for various kinds of research, the campus is the perfect environment for the pursuit of learning. A quiet residential area where many of the residents have lived for a long time surrounds the campus, making it a locality where warm contact is frequent.
Find Setagaya Campus of Tokyo University of Agriculture via GoogleMap